To recap the last month, below are my five top posts for September 2012 and some observations based on the data from WordPress Site Stats and Google Analytics.
Unfortunately, after three months of consistent, steady growth in every major metric, September was a down month for traffic overall. There’s no question that I’ve not been taking the time needed to keep up with my goal of two-plus posts per week. There has been a couple of family/personal related items that have unexpectedly taken time away from when I normally take up writing posts and otherwise maintaining this blog… perhaps a post for next week. Stay tuned.
Once again, I am very thankful to you who read my blog. I do what I do with it for your personal growth and mine. My hope and prayer is that you find my content beneficial and encouraging. Here are my 5 top posts for September 2012:
- A Beautiful Mess: Putting Your Life Back Together
- Have You Ever Been Guilty of Facebook Fishing?
- 5 Keys To Making Molehills Out of Mountains
- Validation: Everyone Needs It [Video]
- Links to Live Deliberately #006
Observations from my top posts for September 2012 to help you with your own blog traffic:
- Once again this month, one of the five top posts were written in a previous month (March 2012). This underscores the importance of optimizing your blog posts for search engines as the traffic for this post was almost completely referred by Google searches related to its topic.
- Top posts 1 & 2 were neck-and-neck for obtaining the top spot. As in August, one of those two was a post of a simple graphic that illustrated a point far better than a 500-700 word article ever could. You know the old saying, that a picture is worth a thousand words… I believe I’m getting at least a sense of what that means with these graphics I’ve started to post on weekends, apparently not enough of them though. I’m adding this to the plans for future posts.
- Inverse to last month, only one of the top posts was written in a previous month. Either this means I’m starting to slack off in my SEO work or I’m actually getting better at writing. I’d like to believe I can attribute it all to the latter but ultimately I believe it’s a combination of better, more succinct writing as well as making better use of graphic posts to get ideas across thus not writing lengthy posts… like this one’s starting to become.
Thank you again for continuing to read and follow my blog. I count it an honour and privilege to use this medium to… “help people live a pattern of deliberate personal growth and challenge others to do the same.”
Do you have a blog? If so, what were your top posts for September 2012? Why do you think they are your top posts? You can leave your comments below.