Welcome! I’m Charlie Lyons and this blog is focused on helping you live deliberately. What does this mean? I define that phrase with my own personal purpose statement:
Learning to live a pattern of deliberate personal growth and challenging others to do the same.
Let’s face it: we all face thousands of little crossroads everyday. The question is… will you shape your circumstances or will you allow your circumstances shape you?
Will you live your life by accident or will you… live deliberately?
I also write about the resources I discover along my way, particularly related to personal leadership, non-profits, Web 2.0, Christian ministry, family and, now and then, I will deviate from these categories and wade into the realm of miscellaneous.
My goal is to both create and curate insightful, relevant content that you can put into practice in your organization, ministry, church and personal life.
I am a dad of two (Caleb & Olivia) and a husband of one (Lindsey). I am a big Web 2.0 enthusiast and I love trains, particularly model train layouts. I thoroughly enjoy watching a good hockey game; I tend to cheer the loudest for the Detroit Red Wings.
My Top Posts
If you are new to my blog, the following links are the ten most popular posts I’ve written. They cover a mix of the few topics I focus on writing about and will give you a good overview of the content on the rest of the blog:
- 5 Keys To Making Molehills Out of Mountains
- Resignation Announcement
- Why Being At Peace With a Decision Isn’t Always A Good Thing
- The Three Wise Women Plaque… Don’t Fall For It, Men!
- 7 Ways To Get Your Vision Back
- 7 Things Great People Do
- The Rebekah Principle: Doing A Little Bit More [Part 1]
- 4 Parenting Skills Learned From a 3 Year Old
- To All My Friends That Were Given Facebook Timeline This Week…
- 6 Not-So-Difficult Ways To Get Out of That Funk
My Contact Info
To ask a quick question or report a problem with this blog, you may do so here: